Would you be interested?

Forum for the Open GPS Tracker

Would you be interested?

Postby PurpleAlien » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:08 pm

Hi all,

We're currently getting ready to launch a fully integrated GPS tracking solution. I don't want to turn this into an ad, you can pm me if you're interested.

As a follow up however, and since we will be able to source quite some GPS/GSM modules in quantity because of this tracking solution, I was wondering if people here are interested in a hardware platform for the Open GPS Tracker. We would design the hardware (PCB, schematic with our module), be able to source the components and fully assemble a kit on which the Open GPS Tracker software can be loaded onto and working out of the box.

The solution would be very small (Max. 8cm by 8 cm, most likely smaller), and include all the needed hardware such as GPS/GSM module, Antenna for GSM and GPS, battery, and perhaps a box.

So the question is: would you be interested in this, and what would the maximum price you're willing to pay be?

Best regards,
Johan
PurpleAlien

Re: Would you be interested?

Postby Mike » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:59 am

Yes, we need something like that. I am always getting emails from people who want to buy ten or twenty or fifty for some project. If there was a ready-made hardware platform, I could burn custom firmware for anyone who had a one-off project.

Mike
Mike
Site Admin

Return to General tracker discussion